Previously we talked about the benefit of “Seek First to Understand Then Be Understood.”
Today we’ll take a closer look at the value of doing that and how better understanding each other grows our relationships and helps to create more emotional intimacy.
From research conducted with more than 3,000 women several years ago Jeff Feldhahn identified six key findings about the inner lives of women.
For the women readers you’ll most likely identify and probably think to yourself “yes, that’s me!”
For the men reading this who want to know how to understand women, read this more than once. Please let this soak in. This valuable information will help to transform your relationship.
Why does she…?
- Ask, “Do you love me?” even though you just said “I love you” this morning?
- Take your need for space as a signal that you’re upset with and trying to get away from her?
- Want to talk about your relationship… mostly at those times you least want to?
- Women have an underlying insecurity about whether their man really loves them.
- When that latent insecurity is triggered, they are often preoccupied with getting their relationship back on track.
Here’s what to do:
- Reassure her that you love her.
- If you need space say something that will ease her mind, like, “I need space right now, but I want to know that we’re okay”
Next time we’ll talk about key # 2: The Inner life of Emotions.
Until next time,