1. Freedom from risk or danger; safety
2. Freedom from doubt, anxiety, or fear
“Your woman needs emotional security and closeness with you so much that she will endure financial insecurity to get it.”
*Key # 3
Why does she…?
- Accuse you of “not caring about her,” when you’re working long hours to provide security for her and the kids?
- Say she wants you around more, but also seems to want the nice things that can only come if you have a higher paying job?
- Say she doesn’t feel close to you, when you two are married, in the same house, and sharing the same bed?
- For a woman, “emotional security” and closeness are far more important than financial security.
- For a woman, security means you will always be there for her and closeness means you are best friends.
What to do:
- Realize that she wants you around more, she’s probably willing to downsize your lifestyle if it is necessary to make that happen.
- Since it’s the little things that build a sense of closeness, one example is to leave her a 30-second voice mail during the day just telling her how much you love her.
- Realize you don’t have to stay in a job you dislike; your wife prefers you to be happy.
*For more keys about the inner lives of women and how to understand women in general, read For Men Only: a straight foreword guide to the inner lives of women written by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn